My wife and I just finished reading “Hustle” by Joshua Medcalf. If you’ve never heard of him or his partner Jamie Gilbert, now you have. They have hustled to become great through their organization “Train 2B Clutch.” If you haven’t read the book, you should. If you have read it, it’s probably time to read it again. It speaks truth. If you can’t handle it, then don’t waste your time. Keep living your life in your comfort zone. If you can, you’ll be glad you did.
Mr. Medcalf asked us for the things that affected us most. It’s so hard to pick only one. So here’s our top 10.
- Being great is about hustle, dirty work and sacrifice. Nothing more, nothing less. What have we done? What are we doing?
- We need to pray more. We need to pray harder. We need to be more in touch with God’s will.
- Are we putting ourselves in uncomfortable positions? Are we doing that for others? Are we helping people cut their ropes or are we only reinforcing their beliefs of inadequacy?
- Are we preparing in the right way for the future? Are we using our 86,400 seconds in proportion to the size of our dreams? What do we need to keep doing? What do we need to do differently?
- Would we invest in ourselves? Are we taking risks? Do we hustle regardless of the outcome?
- “The true measure of a man is not how hard he fights back when provoked, but how much provoking he can endure, and still respond in love.”
- We need to become what God made us to become, but it ain’t gonna just magically happen. It’s going to take patience, perseverance, and hustle.
- Are we missing the back door? Are we afraid to go through it? Are we acting outside the box?
- We are thankful for hardships and obstacles. They are making us better. Keep them coming. We have embraced our desert. We are thankful for closed doors. We are ready for more.
- We need to say “No” to chasing waterfalls, partially controllable goals, and our “problem addiction.” We need to be more picky about when we say “Yes”.
“Chop Wood, Carry Water” is next. Then we will read “Burn Your Goals.” I’m guessing there will be more awesome truths in these books as well.