Positive Matters ft. Shawn Postiglione (Episode 21)
In the heat of competition, or just in every day life being positive matters. Coach Shawn Postiglione of Bridgewater University talks about how and why positivity is such an important part of his life and the culture of his program.
- Why is it important for you to be positive?
- How does your culture impact how you recruit?
- How do you remain positive with officials?
- What are some things that might be unique for you that you have to really focus on this journey?
- How do you remain handle those times when players are negative?
- How do you hold yourself accountable?
Positivity is a choice. Positivity doesn’t mean everything is going to go right. It doesn’t mean that you’re always going to be happy. Positivity is all about perspective. What just happened? Even if it wasn’t good, can you turn it into a positive and learn from it? A positive outlook helps turn bad situations into learning experiences instead of just bad situations.
Do you surround yourself with people who will help you remain positive? It’s hard keep this perspective on your own, so make sure you have people around you who can help you see the positive side of every situation no matter what happens. Losing is encouraged as long as we learn from it. Failure is great as long as we see it as an opportunity to improve. It doesn’t mean we don’t give our best effort. In fact, it means we try our hardest no matter what the situation is.
You must log in to post a comment.